In this post I am going to explain important information related to marriage that has been given in shastras.
- Marriages of real brother and sister should not happen within a span of 6 months. In other words if one has got married then the marriage of the other should not take place for the next 6 months.
- Do not perform mundan and other auspicious ceremonies within 6 months after marriage.
- Two real brothers should not be married to two real sisters.
- Shraaddh (last rites) should not be performed within 6 months after the marriage.
- After the marriage has been finalized, if someone who is a close relative of bride or groom dies then the marriage should not take place till next 1 year. If it is very urgent then the marriage can take place after 1 month of the death after doing jap, hom shanti and charity.
- The eldest son or eldest daughter should not be married in birth month, birth nakshatra, birth tithi and birth lagna.
- Two real brothers or two real sisters should not get married on the same day in one mandap.
Marriage is an important occasion which have life long effects so if we take care of the above sayings from shastras, the marriage can be fruitful and happy.