Saturday, April 21, 2012

What to Do While Entering New House-House Warming (Griha Pravesh Par Kya Karein)

Let us look at some important points related to Griha Pravesh (House Warming) in this post.

After the house is fully constructed, the first entry in the house (for living)  during a carefully chosen auspicious time is called Griha Pravesh.

As per Vaastu a house in considered complete only when roof and doors are installed, so Griha Pravesh should be done only after it. In Ancient scriptures, muhurtas related to home have been defined for 4 stages

1) Laying foundation stone
2) Digging well
3) Fixing the door frames
4) and finally entry into the new house (Griha Pravesh)

Second point is outdated in this age. First and last points are very important astrologically. The happiness and prosperity of a house depends on the auspicious time at which the foundation of the house was laid and the Griha Pravesh was done. Auspicious time and Pooja is done mostly to ward off the evil effects present at that area. The pooja which is done at an auspicious time in favorable nakshatras at the time of laying of foundation is known as Bhoomi Poojan. The pooja which is done at the time of Griha Pravesh is known as Vaastu Pooja.

• Always arrange the ganpati and vaastu pooja at the time of Griha Pravesh.
  • While entering the house for the first time for Griha Pravesh (House Warming), keep your right leg inside the house first.
  • Put one kalash (pot) filled with water or milk inside the house on the day of Griha Pravesh and donate that pot to a poor man or in the temple the next day.
  • The day Griha Pravesh is done, the inhabitants of the home should sleep in the home that night.
  • Milk must be boiled in the house on the day of Griha Pravesh.
  • House should not be left completely vacant for the next 40 days and at least one member of the house should be there in the house.
There are many other things to be taken care of but those can be handled by the Pundit you will bring to get the ceremony done.

Gaurav Malhotra

About the Author:

Gaurav Malhotra is a B Tech in Computer Engineering from National Institute of Engineering (NIT, Kurukshetra) and a passionate follower of Astrology. He has widely traveled across the world and helped people with his skills. You can contact him on his email jyotishremedy@gmail.com. You can also read more about him on his page.

193 comments:

1. Thanx for the information Gaurav...

2. Dear Gaurav,
    Many thanks for your reply to my inquiry for an appropriate date for Griha pravesh- i just read this blog of yours as directed by u, its a real help especially at crucial times like these for my sister, so may I take this opportunity to really thank u once again and let u know what a commendable n prompt job u r doing......absolutely brilliant in response time too.
    Now since they r only 3 member family

Replies
    1. Thanks you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

3. This is MN again..,,
    So ur last comment about keeping the home occupied in the first 40 days is not an option as both my sister and her husband work after they drop the child at nursery, is there a solution that u could kindly suggest please.
    Thanks a ton
    MN

Replies
    1. During the day it's okay but someone should be home at least during the night.

4. Ok many thanks once again.
    Have a good day....:-))
    Thx,
    MN

5. Hello Gaurav ji ,

We have bought a flat and it is nearing completion. 16 Feb 2013 has been given as the house warming date. Is it auspicious ?

Regards
    Kavita

Replies
    1. I won't recommend this date. The nakshatra is Bharani which is not good for griha pravesh. 14th February is a better date.

6. Hello,
    Happy New Year!
    Could you please suggest an auspicious date to move into an apartment in Jan after 22 ndn ? As well, could you also tell simple Griha Pravesh Procrdure that can be performed by family itself. We are in US and moving into a rented accommodation.

Thanks

ReplyDelete
  7. I have been told 8th Feb 2013 too is an auspicious date for house warming. Pls do tell if it is. Place is Mumbai

Replies
    1. Yes it's a good day but only after 9:29am. Good time will be between 13:41 and 15:22

8. Hi Sir,

I have some questions regarding house warming:

1.Can we do house warming with small pooja by own on some day and hawan by panditG on next day,as it becomes difficult to shift and have hawan on same day.
    2.As I have nuclear family and have to attend cousin's marriage after 2 days of house warming... its not possible to keep somebody in the home.Please tell the remedy for this issue.

Thanks a lot,
    Krishan

Replies
    1. 1) Yes in this case you can do.
      2) There is no remedy as such. Before leaving pray before lord hanuman and ask him to protect your house while you are away.

9. Hello Sir,

We've bought a flat and wanted to have Griha Pravesh. But we're advised not to perform Griha Pravesh since my wife is carrying (3 months now). But asked to do simple aarathi with boiling milk and rent out the flat. We're suggested to perform Griha Pravesh after the delivery. If so when we can have the simple aarathi? please suggest

Thanks in advance.

1. 27th Jan between 8:00am to 10:08am

2. Sir, Thanks for your timely reply. It's really appreciatable. Any other dates after 27th Jan as we've to attend a relatives marriage on that day. And also please suggest whether we can perform Griha Pravesh.

Thanks in Advance

3. 31st Jan between 12:07 and 13:44

10. Sir,
    We are constructing a house in bangalore and planning to do house warming on Feb 13, 2013. My date of birth is 1st Dec 1978 and time of birth is 11.15 PM. Currently the roof is completed, painting and interior work has started. I still need to fit the shutters and doors. Since Feb 13 is arriving fast I think entire work won't be completed. I came to know on Feb 13, 2013 there will be raja yoga as per my date of birth and hence it will be very auspicious to do the pooja on that day. Can we sleep in the house only on the night of Feb 13 after doing pooja and later move to the house after the house is completed? Please advise

regards
    Yogeesh

Replies
    1. Griha pravesh means you are actually going to start to live in the house. That is day you officially declare to the stars. Sleeping in the house on 13th night won't make any difference so it's up to you

11. Hello Sir,

We've bought a flat in Ghaziabad and wanted to have Griha Pravesh. please suggest best date and time for grih pravesh after 10th Feb-2013

Thanks in advance.
    Rajeev

Replies
    1. 13th and 14th Feb both are good dates.
      Time on 13th between 9:48am and 11:12am.
      Time on 14th between 11:28 and 13:59

14th is better than 13th.

12. Hi Sir, Our Aprtment is ready to move. Please suggest some dates best dates and time in July end or August for Grih Pravesh.
    Thanks

13. Hi Sir,
    We have shifted to a rented house yesterday, and I have perfomed the milk warming ceremony and pooja however please let me know if I need to sleep in the house or can leave it as I haven't got the house hold goods yet .. please advise sir.

Replies
    1. It is a rented house so it doesn't make much difference even if you leave it.

14. Dear Sir,
    On house warming ceremony, the milk is spoilt. What does it indicate? Is it a bad omen? What needs to be done? Is the house (rented) not fit to reside?
    Please advise.

Replies
    1. It is not a bad omen but it is not good either. If you can afford to look for another house then it's fine else get the pooja/havan done in this house.

15. Dear Sir,
    I am doing grruhpravesh might in May 2013. I'll do pooja of lord ganesha wastu purusha, and boil milk in pot so on. There is necessary to stay in 40 days? because I am staying in Ambernath with my family and new flat is in Karjat. Please guide me.

Replies
    1. Someone from the family should stay for 40 days. It is ideal. But if you can't do it then it's fine.

16. Dear Sir ,

Thank you very much for your information and it helps people like us.Me and my husband finally bought a house(Which was already existed,we didn't build the house) in Melbourne and going to move in on 27th May 2013.This is our ever first house and we are so excited. Meanwhile we have no idea what sort of customs we should follow.we will be getting the key of the new house in 25th or 26th.So is that alright us to go there and arrange the house, moving furniture before the 27th? or do we have to wait until we do the Pooja on 27th to move the furniture in and arrange the house ?

Please guide us.Thank you very much in advance.

Replies
    1. You can go and arrange the house and the furniture before 27th. There is no issue in that.

17. Hi,
    Your post is quite informative in a simple way.
    I have a question -
    I have bought a new flat and after registration I am planning to keep a few old items like fridge, washing machine etc in the new flat from my old flat, but I am not going stay there for next 1 year ( as I will not be in India ).
    Do I need to get the Griha Pravesh Pooja performed to keep those old items ?
    Thanks in advance,

18. Hi,
    Your post is quite informative in a simple way.
    I have a question -
    Do I need to get the Griha Pravesh Pooja performed to keep those old items ?
    Thanks in advance,

19. Hi,
    I'm planning for Griha Pravesh for my new apartment in Bangalore on 8th March, 2013. My Nakshatra is Bharani. Is that a good time to perform the rituals? Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

1. Yes that is a good date. Good time is between 13:42 and 15:22

20. Hi,

I am planning to do Griha Pravesh for my flat in Bangalore, between 11th and 13th March, I havent decided a particular date because I was told there are very less dates in March for this.

Can you please let me know , if I can get it done, in any of the dates 11th, 12th and 13th of March and if possible then what are the time frames for each date?

A hearty thanks in advance.

Replies
    1. 12th is not good. Good time on 13th is between 9:29 and 10:59am.
      Good time on 14th is between 7:58 and 9:28am.

21. Hi,
    We would like to go for Griha pravesh puja in March 2013,could you please suggest us a good date and time in march 2013 for puja?

Flat No =A202
    Husband DOB-13-01-1981
    Mine-19-071984

1. 14th March between 7:58 and 9:28am is good

2. hi,
      we are planning to go to our new rental home in march 10th 2013. Is that a good date?

3. No that's not a good date. The nearest good date is on 13th between 9:31am and 11:00am

22. Sir,
    We are Re-Cconstructing my own house in Tirupati. From last 10 years we stayed in that house. 6months back we are vacated to reconstruct that one. Now it's ready and planning to do house warming on 1st April, 2013. Please advise me

Regards,
    Madhu

Replies
    1. 1st is not a good date. The nearest good date is on 4th April between 16:07 and 20:00

23. is it mandatory to stay in the flat for the same night when grih pravesh has been done. if not then any alternative?

Replies
    1. It is always good. Else put one hanuman and ganesh picture in the house and pray before them that you are not able to stay overnight and they should protect your house during the night.

24. Hi,

I am buying a new flat. I should have keys by end of March 2013, and I am looking for auspicious day for griha pravesh. Kindly suggest the auspicious day for grah pravesh after March, or give us the auspicious day in March 2013. I can borrow keys for few hours if there are any auspicious day in March but I won't be able to sleep there on that day.is it OK? I checked calendars and online for shubh divas for griha pravesh and it suggest that the next auspicious day is 11th of May 2013. Kindly advise if we have to wait till 11th May as I dont want to move in on ashubh day. Also let me know if I can buy new thing for my flat and put in the flat before griha pravesh. also let us know if we can transfer existing things to my new flat before griha pravesh.

Thanks,

Megha

Replies
    1. Get the keys on 27th March between 9:22 and 10:03am. For griha pravesh March and April months are not good. 11th May is a good day between 7:27am and 8:59am. You can transfer the things to new flat before doing griha pravesh.

25. As new session is starting so we want to shift before 1st April, plz let me know if there is any muhroot before 1st april 2013

ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks a ton for your reply, Actually we are moving to new house in faridabad and my inlaws doesn't want to move on Holi, Is there any other Grah Pravesh date before 1st April 2013.

27. Hi,

could you please let me know if 4th May 2013 is good for my newhouse Grihapravesh. please help us.my husband;s star is Ardra nakshatra and mine is uttarashada. awaiting your rssponse.
    thank you .

latha

1. 1st May is good between 9:02am and 10:40am
      3rd May is also good between 9:15am and 10:39am

4th is not that good day.

28. Thanks a ton for your reply. But can we do gruhapravesham now as my brother-in-law married in dec 2012 and now my co-sister is carrying. some body in relatives saying we shouldn't do gruhapravesam after marriage till 1 yr. Pls suggest.

Replies
    1. As far as jyotish is concerned, there is no such rule. But then some communities have their own rules/traditions and they follow them stringently. If this is a rule in your community you may like to follow it. But from Astrology point of view it is all clear.

29. What is the best day and time for moving into a Rented Apartment between April 5th 2013 - April 12th 2013? Thank you

Replies
    1. 5th is the best date in this range between 5:00am and 6:26am.

30. Hello Sir, Please advice me on what is good Grihapravesh day to do Ganesh puja and Vastu puja between 17th April to 12 May. My nakshatra is Mrigashira and husband is Ardra. Thanks in advance.

31. 1st May is good between 9:02am and 10:40am
    3rd May is also good between 9:15am and 10:39am

ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Gaurav, I have bought a new house and we will be moving in to the new house in June. We wanted to do the Grah pravesh pooja on April 15th so wanted to check if that is a good day. We will not be staying there until June. Thanks for your help.

1. 15th April is good between 5:00am and 6:42am or anytime after 16:08

But then griha pravesh pooja is done on the day when you move into the new house. It's purification process before you start to live in the new house. If you leave the house vacant after pooja then pooja doesn't have any value.
      June 5th is a good date between 14:51 and 16:41

33. Hello Gaurav,Is there any Good days for House warming in July month between 5 to 20th. based on USA Michigan state local.Nakshtharam -Rohini.Lagnam:Karkaatakam -Venkat

Replies
    1. 18th July between 5:00am and 6:12am (Detroit time)

34. Dear Sir,

I am from Malaysia. Please advice what is the best date to do grihapravesh pooja between 10th - 24th May 2013 and 8th - 23rd June 2013. Thank you sir.

Replies
    1. May 13th between 10:06am and 11:37am (Kualalumpur time)
      June 12th between 5:00am and 7:16am(Kualalumpur time)

35. Dear Sir,

We are moving in a rented flat in the month of May.Plz suggest a good and auspicious date in may and also plz let us know whether it is necessary to do any pooja before entering the house.

Replies
    1. 13th May is the best date in May month between 8:58am and 10:37am. It is advisable to do pooja because it purifies the house. If you don't want to hire a priest for it then you can yourself do Ganesha worship and Hanuman worship and then burn guggul and kapoor(camphor) and spread the smoke in all corners of house.

36. Namaskaram Pandit ji We are in Delhi we have to shifted to rented house. My nakshtra is punrpoosam and my husband's ashwathy. We are planning to shift on 28th april. Please it is confirm that this date is good or not. but we didn't slept there at that night.Please confirm me.

1. It is an average muhurta. 26th April is better between 9:17am and 10:41am

2. Which date is better sir? We are very confused Please help me

3. Following are good dates.

26th April between 9:17am and 10:41am

1st May is good between 9:02am and 10:40am

37. Hi Sir,
    Heared that the milk boiling during graha pravesh should not be performed by the lady of the new house if she is carrying. Is it so?

1. It is preferable that someone else does it

38. How is 2nd may date for griha pravesh ?

Replies
    1. 2nd is not very good. Following are the good dates around 2nd.

1st May is good between 9:02am and 10:40am
      3rd May is also good between 9:15am and 10:39am

39. Hi sir

we r taking the keys of our new flat on 13 may....but whole interiors of our new flat is still pending n it will take a month to complete....so we cannot stay...so should we do vastu n grihapraveash pooja on 15/16 may n thn do interiors n renovation of kitchen cupboard bed OR do we hav to do pooja aftr the whole interiors....becoz aftr june 20 till dec is dakshinayan n no good mahurats....so please kindly suggest what to do....

plss helpp

40. Hi sir,
    we are planning to have the house warming in last week of may.Can you please suggest us good days in end of may or first 2 weeks of june?

Replies
    1. June 2nd is good between 14:00 and 15:40.

41. Main Faridabad se hoon. Humne ek naya ghar liya hai, jo abhi under construction hai jise poora hone almost ek mahina ya isse upar lag jayega. Hum grah parvesh pooja 3 june ko rakhna chahte he, par pata chala hia ki june se lekar ku6 mahine tak Norht India mein koi b shubh muhrat nahi hai. Kya hum may me under construction house mein grah parvesh pooja rakh sakte hai? Agar haan to koi may me grah parvesh poja k liye acha din bataye.

Thanks & regards

1. 13th May sabse achha din hai May mein 8:58am se lekar 10:37am ke beech mein

42. can we do girhapravesh on 11.09.2013. That day is my son's star Vishakam too. Is it auspicious.

Replies
    1. No, that day is not good. 20th September is a good day in Sep anytime after 17:14.

43. We live in Union City, California. Can you suggest us some very good Mahurat for Greha Pravesh between 20th May to 20th June.
    Also is 23rd May, 24th May, 25th May good Mahurats for Greha Pravesh.

ReplyDelete
  44. If may 29th does not work out out of 23,24,25May what would be good days and time for greha pravesh, for sunderkand and for satyanarayan pooja and for entering home for the first time we enter.

Replies
    1. 23rd May is good between 10:57 and 13:57. The pooja should be done in the day of griah pravesh in order to purify the house.

45. We want to shift in new flat in delhi. what will be best time & date on 1-7th may and 8-15 may.

Replies
    1. 1st and 3rd were good dates between 1-7th. 13th May is the bets date in May between 8:58am and 10:37am

46. DEAR SIR,
    AS WE HAVE TO SHIFT TO THE NEW HOUSE BY THIS 12TH MAY AS OUR OLD HOUSE TENANCY PERIOD IS ENDED BUT FOR THE NEW HOUSE THEY WILL BE DOING 20TH MAY GRIHA PRAVESH SO, CAN I ENTER ON 12TH MAY BY DOING MYSELF SOME POOJA FOR OUR
    HOUSE PLS REPLY

Replies
    1. I did not understand your question completely. Please elaborate.

47. Dear Gaurav We want to shift in rented house in baroda. please suggest best time on 1st june 2013.

48. Hi Gaurav,

I'm from kerala. We are palning to have the griha pravesh on 11th May 2013. My nakshathra is Jyeshta and my husband's is Aardhra. Please let em know the muuhurtham

49. Sir,
    Could you please suggest the best day for house warming our new flat between 20th May and 6th June?

1. 20th May is a good date between 8:57am and 10:37am
      23rd May between 10:57 and 13:57
      29th May between 8:56am and 10:37am or between 15:10 and 16:57 is the last good date in May after this there is no good date till July 18th

50. Hello Sir,

We would like to do gruhapravesh on May 31st 2013 in Chennai. My nakshatra is bharani. Can you please let me know if this is an auspicious day.

Thanks in advance.

ReplyDelete
  51. I just posted a comment requesting a grihapravesh into a rented house..My nakshatra is mrigashira and my husband's is rohini..I forgot to mention that we live in bangalore..Also,since july is the lunar moth of ashad,is it not inauspicious to move in?I am a student of astrology..Best Regards

Replies
    1. Yes, it is not a good month to move in.

Maas (Lunar Month) between July to October are not considered appropriate for griha pravesh but if you can't wait for that long then please do some charity and feed the poor on the day of griha pravesh to neutralize the negativity of maas(lunar month).

52. Hello Sir,

24may ke baad hume humare ghar ki chabiya previous owners se miljayengi.
    24 may aur uske baad se jo shubh muhurut Canberra, Australia ke liye best hon please hume batayiee. kya saaman bhi us din move karna chahiye? kya hum khud apna mandir us din shift karke puja karen woh thik rahega ya panditji ko bulana necessary hai?

Please advise

Regards
    Komal Tiwari

Replies
    1. 29th May 13:15 se lekar 18:11 ke beech mein achha muhurta hai. Ye canberra ka local time hai. samaan aap pehle bhi shift kar sakte hain. Pundit ji ko bulaana jaroori nahi hai aap khud bhi pooja kar sakte hain. Ghar mein guggul aur kapoor jalaakar uska dhuan jaroor dijiye.

53. Hello sir,

what is the best time to do pooja on 24 th may 2013 for new house(rented house) north facing.

54. Pranam,

Could you please let me know the shubh din for the new house warming please for the month of May for Bangalore. I would be getting the keys only on Monday and i have to shift into the house before 1st June.
    Thanks a lot!

Jyoti

55. Pranam,

Can you please give me a shubh time for new house in June for Kolkata. What more details should I provide to you for the same. Furniture work is going on now.

Thanks & Regards

Hemal J Shah

Replies
    1. Following are good dates.

29th May between 8:56am and 10:37am or between 15:10 and 16:57

2nd June is good between 13:59 and 15:40
      21st June between 9:12am and 10:40 am
      27th June is good between 11:02 and 14:04
      28th June between 9:14 am and 10:42am

56. Hello sir we are planning to do griha pravash in june/july,
    My DOB is 24 april 1976.
    location is houston [usa].
    can you please tell me a good date and time in last week of june and july

Thanks

57. Hi Sir,

Our flat would be ready for possession around end of June also we are working on interiors parallely which will get completed by 15th july.. so the flat is certainly not livable before mid july. But there is no good muhoort after 3rd june. So should we do the pooja on 3rd june (stay overnite)and then not stay there till july or should we wait till july and then do the pooja? please advice iam very worried about this.
    Thanks.

58. Pranam Guravji,

I AM MRS. JOSHI FROM MUMBAI,MY D.O.B.13.11.81 RASHI-VRISHABH & MY HUSBAND D.O.B.02.02.77 RASHI-MITHUN,WE WANT TO SHIFT ON RENTAL HOUSE IN MUMBAI ONLY AFTER 20TH JUNE 2013,

KINDLY SUGGEST ME AUSPICIOUS DAY & TIME.

I HAD DONE KALASHSTHAPANA ON 13TH MAY,2013(AKSHAY TRITIYA)

59. Hello Sir,

My Husband's date of birth is 11th March 1975 & mine is 6th May 1978. We bought a home in New Jersey. We are planning to do gruh pravesh on 15th june, or 16th june, or 17th june. Can you please let us know the best auspicious day among these date & time for us to move forward with gruh pravesh.

Thanks
    Isha

60. Hi Gaurav,

Same here, I am getting my flat in the first week of August this year.Please Advise if August 22nd and 23rd is the auspicious dates or not, this dates was recommended to us. Also, we can wait until early september for Grihapravesh, kindly help us.

Regards,
    Prasad

1. August 22nd: is good between 7:35am and 9:11am
      August 23rd: is not good. Yoga is not good on this date.

19th August is better than 22nd Aug. Time between 16:14 and 19:43

61. HI,

I am buying house in Los Angeles CA. I am going to get position on 14th Aug 2013. I am Pankaja . Dhanista nakshatra kumb rasi ,my husband is Nijaguna Anuradha nakshatra vrischika rasi. When is good day for griha pravesham. I checked with priest in INDIA they say date which is good in INIDA may not be good in USA.. I have no idea whome to reach for this.. Please help me... They have given some dates like Aug 14th and Aug 22nd..

Replies
    1. 14th August is not a very good date. 15th August is a good date between 7:56am and 9:36am (Los Angeles time).

Yes the muhurta depends on location. Because it depends on the sun rise time which is different for different locations.

62. Rsp Malhotra Ji Namaskar- Rqst fro a date for Grih Pravesh in August 13 at Ghajiabad. My DOB 30.04.1969 and Rashi Kanya Sudeep Ahmedabad.

1. Sudeep Ji

Following are the good dates

15th August between 11:07 and 14:01
      19th August between 16:14 and 19:43

63. Malhotra ji, Namaskar, - First of all I thank you for your kind reply.

I am in a plan to shift from the existing rented to the new one. Is there any chances for me in the near future for shifting? My DOB is 05 Aug 1963 - 06:32 AM, Howrah(WB). Which facing is best for me? When should I shift from the exiting one. Which time is right for me. At present I am at Visakhapatnam (AP).

Krishnan

1. East facing is always best. Following dates are good

21st June between 9:12am and 10:40 am
      27th June is good between 11:02 and 14:04
      28th June between 9:14 am and 10:42am

64. Dear Sir, In one of the pages, I read that Griha pravesh should not be performed in June due to Tara of Guru. But there are many of your replies in which you have suggested dates in June. Is it because a part of June falls in Jyeshta maasa?

Regards
    ST

Replies
    1. I have given the dates in June assuming that people are aware that this month is not appropriate but due to their personal conditions they still want to go ahead.

65. Sir ji,

It is said that there is no muharat in the month of Jun. July tho nahin??

please confirm.

Krishnan

Replies
    1. July, the maas (Lunar month) is not favourable. But then the maas is not favorable till NOvemeber and obviously you can't wait till then so go ahead.

2. aap 10 july ko kar sakte ho. humne b grah parvesh usi din rkha h.

66. Panditji,

What is a good mahurat for greh pravesh in the month of July 2013 for Los Angeles? Thank you for your advice.

Replies
    1. 17th July is good between 9:27am and 11:13am (CA time)

67. Dear Gauravji,

We would like to know a good mahurat for Griha Praveshin July. Our Home is constrcuted in Indore, MP, India. Kindly provide us with 2 or 3 mahurat includeing time.

1. Below are good dates

18th July is good between 11:06am and 14:06
      15th August between 11:07 and 14:01
      19th August between 16:14 and 19:43

68. Hi Gaurav,

My son purchased a condo in Calgary (Alberta ) Canada. He has to move in the house by sept 15th. Please advise when he can do the grih Pravesh puja and the time.

Thank you so much.

69. Namaste Guruji,

I am moving into a new rented house on 27 TH of September 2013, I live in New Zealand. I have got no other option for dates given by real estate agent and I have herd it is not a good date being pitrupaksha. Are there any remedies that can be done as I don't have any other option for dates. I will be getting keys for it on 26 TH September 2013.

Replies
    1. It is not a good date for griha pravesh.
      There are no specific remedies for it but you should recite gayatri mantra on the day of griha pravesh for at least 1008 times with complete faith and dedication.

70. Your post is very helpful. I have a question my Flat will be ready to move from nov last week. My wife is 3 months pregnant now. Can you guide us what are dates on which we can perform puja on our new flat after 25 nov. Also suggest dates in dec too.

ReplyDelete
  71. Namaste, can you please tell us what are the auspicious dates for grihapravesh of our new house in Bangalore between may 26, 2014 to may 31, 2014. As my husband will be visiting from US on those dates we want to do the ceremony then. My husband's star is rohini and my star is chitta. Do you need any other details? Thanks.

72. Namashkar Gaurav ji!
    Iam renting a house and clinic in Delhi. I've found another shop for opening a branch of my clinic in another place and similarly a flat for rent nearby to the new proposed to be clinic. Want to shift all our things from currently rented flat to the new flat, which is also a newly Constructed Building before March In Order to Settle and close the rent of the current flat till febraury . On 12th of March, My wife would be returning back to delhi with child after her delivery. My rent terms with new flat and new clinic would be starting from March. Could you please guide me whether I (currently single in the absence of my wife) need to perform any puja before shifting my Things From current flat to the newly constructed to be rented flat in February itself or I can shift things and wait till my wife return on 12th March and then do some vastu puja and yagya!? Please suggest me few dates in both the variants, in February and in March!? Similarly, should I do separate puja and yagya to my clinic or doing rituals at new house and sprinkling holy water in the new clinic is enough!? Also mention me few dates for starting the functioning of new branch clinic after 12th March!? Thanking you in Advance with appreciation of your esteemed suggestion! - Dr.Jayakumar.

ReplyDelete
  73. Hi, I have bought new house and planning to take handover . Can u pls suggest good day n time post Mar 6, 2014.. thank u

ReplyDelete
  74. Hello Mr Gaurav, Your blog is very useful.
    In Germany, I purchased an old flat and wish to move. I checked online and noted that there are no muhurtams in April. And march 21st after 16h40 was marked as the best and also Friday is the best. My star Arudra 3rd paadam, My wife Chitta 3 paadam. I have doubt because that day star is Anuradha.
    Is it necessary to check individual birth star when following general good days?
    Can you please check 21st March date and time in Germany suitable to me?.
    Can you suggest any other muhurtham in April? and if it is better than 21st March?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

ReplyDelete
  75. Hi Sir, This is my first house near to ranchi. is 8th aug 2014 is auspicious date for greeh parvesh

ReplyDelete
  76. I have ordered electrical items and asked them to be delivered in the new house. But grihpravesh is after 2-3 days. I read that things should be shifted only after performing grihapravesh. Pls. can you throw some light on this?

ReplyDelete
  77. Is 8th or 10th August good days for graha pravesh. Overseas so no priest available and dates are based on settlement day being working day for bank and graha pravesh on weekend.

78. Hello sir
    We plan to shift from rented house to new own flat in june.plz guide for best date for griha parvesh. Can we shift the luggage and articles a day prior or we should move after the griha parvesh.plz guide

Replies
    1. 29th June is the best date. You can move your luggage before.

79. Hi guruji,
    I want to shift in rented house,which is old one. So grih pravesh May be done on any time or in a particular time please guide me because we have to shift in 24th to 30th June only

80. Hello Sir,
    We booked a newly constructing home. They will handover the key in September 2nd week or in the mid of september. My wife was 7 month pregnant her due date is sep 24th. My parents told that I'm not supposed to move to new home before the baby born. We are in Burlington,North Carolina,USA. I saw that we cant perform any poojas or griha pravesh while my wife is pregnant. Is it ok to perform the griha pravesh 3 days after my baby born. I'm in lot of confusion. Is it possible to do the griha pravesh by my brother before my baby born. Please clear my doubts and give some advice. Give me some dates to perform griha pravesh in September. Thanks in Advance

Replies
    1. My suggestion to you would be to move 40 days after the baby is born. Till that time lady is considered to be uncleaned and prone to evil energies. There may be evil energies in the new house so avoid doing it within first 40 days of child birth.

2. Thanks for your kind reply. Instead of moving after the childbirth shall I move to the home after receiving the key by doing the griha pravesh with my parents as I could not wait for 40 days because of my financial status. Please suggest me some dates for griha pravesh before her due date.

3. Unfortunately you can not perform griha pravesh between 9th Sep and 24 Sep because pitrupaksha (Shraaddh) will be there between these dates. This is considered to be an inauspicious period for doing any auspicious activity.

81. Can u please suggest me grahpravesh dates in July 1st week .It's a rental place ...will get keys on 1st July

ReplyDelete
  82. Can you please suggest me grihapravesh on 7th July 2014 in ahmedabad, if yes than time please

1. 7th July is fine between 6:23 am and 7:22am

Please like my facebook page to get more remedies and tips

83. hello Sir,we want to shift to our new apartment in Hyderabad...can u suggest some good dates in july...after 15 th july if u can suggest some dates...thanking you.

ReplyDelete
  84. sir,can you give me some dates for house warming on july month...my husband's nakshyatra is pushya,mine is ardra and mu son's id purvashada ...pls give me the imings also.thanking you in advance.

85. Hi Gaurav,

29th june, what are good timings for grihapravesh?

86. Namaste,
    We bought an old house in Chicago area. Would you please recommend good days in first two weeks of August? Is there any puja I could do myself?

87. Sir,

We have purchased an old house in Bhopal (MP). Kindly guide when can we perform puja after 6th July '14.

My DOB is 8th July 1970.

88. Hello Sir,
    Is August 1st a good date to move to a new home? I live in US.

Thank You!

Replies
    1. 27th July and 15th August are good dates.

2. Thank you so much! Unfortunately we have to move between 1st and 10th August. Could you please recommend any dates between those?

Thank You!

89. Hello gaurav ji, my home is not complete to shift. But it may complete by july end or august. As per calendar after 7or8 th july there is no muhrat till 3rd november. Sir, but i have seen some marriage in between this period, similarly can we do griha pravesh puja , as i would like to shift before diwali. Please suggest some best dates if its good. Otherwise provide best in november. As i do not want to take any risk. Because , we are already facing problems with our existing house.

Replies
    1. You can do griha pravesh during navratras.

90. Kindly inform best griha parvesh dates from August to November 2014. I have to shift in a newly constructed flat at Nagpur, Maharashtra. Your are requested to inform at least 2 to 4 dates

ReplyDelete
  91. Kindly help me choose a good day for girh pravesh.we are moving into our new flat-our options are 13/ 14/ 16 July... ie before 17.also advice about the time. My husband's DOB is 24/3/1977

Replies
    1. 14th July between 9:05am and 10:45am.

92. Namaste Sir, Please suggest me a good muhurat for greha pravesh in July or August?

ReplyDelete
  93. i would like to move to a near by town we have two option either rent for few months or buy a town home in coming 1 or 2 month. can you please recommond as to when i should move into either rental or purchased home in next 1or 2 month,

ReplyDelete
  94. Sir,my dughter and soninlaw are abroad.she is pregnant and delivery expected in september end.they bought a house and they have to move around july 20th to that house.otherwise they will loose 1500 pounds a month in rent .can they do house warming ceremony around 20th july.a good date pls.her star is aswathi

95. Namaste Gauravji,
    We will get the possession of our two residential flats in December 2014. Flats are adjacent and have one connecting door. We plan to live in one and rent the other. So do we conduct one housewarming ceremony or two separate (one for each)?

Replies
    1. You can do the housewarming ceremony for the one in which you will live.

96. Sir,

I want to do griha pravesh on 16 or 17 July. Are this dates auspicious?

97. Hello,
    Is August 4th good for grah pravesh? We are thinking about early morning. We live in US.

Thanks!

98. Good day Gauravji.
    we are taking possession of a flat in Nashik on 24th July.
    We are presently not planning to stay over there.
    for the interim what pooja do you suggest.

1. You can do the pooja before you are shifting there

99. Hi Gauravji,
    I am taking a flat on rent new construction, owner has many flats so not interested in doing pooja.
    a) What necessary pooja should be carried.
    b) Planning to move after July 16 only. Need to know the auspicious day n time.
    How are the July 17 and July 18

Replies
    1. 27th July is very good if you can accommodate.

100. Urgent: We bought one home and myself and my hubby planning to shift 30 july, can you please advise us is the date ok. As we have to shift and all vastu muhurat are after nov - dec.

Replies
    1. If you can shift on 27th July then that would be a good date.

101. sir, kindly give an auspicious date in august 2014 for house warming. thanks

ReplyDelete
  102. Namaste Gaurav ji, humne ek flat kharida hai (not new). hum usme sunday 27 July 2014 ko shift hona chahte hai. because week days main mere husband ko office me chhutti nahi hai. usi din hum ek ghrah pravesh/satyanarayan pooja rakna chahte hai to kya ye din thik rahega? aur poojake bad yadi 1, 2 days ghar khali raha to thik rahega? is there any other things I have to do before shifting? plz reply as early as possible

Replies
    1. bahut achha din hai aur pooja ke baad 40 din tak makaan khaali nahi rehna chahiye

103. Hi Gauravji, we bought a new house in Tonbridge UK. Can you please suggest a good day in July 2014 to move in. Can you also suggest what time of the day. Thank you. Dhanya

Replies
    1. 27th July is the best day. Time between 6:23am and 8:11am (UK time)

104. Hello sir,

I am carrying in my third trimister, and we bought a new home , i heard i cannot enter into our new home. kindly suggest my baby 21st day would be on september 4 and kindly suggest a good date after that date to do gruhapravesh in september month..orelse can my mother in law do gruhapravesh in august month and then can we go after september 4 to our new home orelse kindly suggest can we do a milk boiling and enter our new home after my baby 21st day and kindly suggest the date for that in september.(we are from hyderabad(india).

Replies
    1. You can enter in your new home anytime after 40 days of your delivery. The good dates in future are 18th Sep and 16th October.

105. Hello Malhotra Ji,
    We are currently building our new home in Atlanta, Georgia. the roof/ doors and walls have been installed. but the interiors have not yet started, including kitchen/stove.
    Our home will be completed only in october middle. We heard there are no good dates for gruhapravesham until december. But we need to move into our new house once we close.
    We are thinking of doing milk boiling this week, and use a temporary stove.
    is it okay? could you kindly suggest a good date.
    Thank you.

Replies
    1. You can do milk boiling on 29th August anytime after 18:12 EST.

106. Hello Gaurav Ji,
    We bought a flat and it is nearing completion in a month. Can you please suggest grihapravesh dates with time in August 2014. The flat is in hyderabad.

107. Guruji when is good time for grubs parmesan in us on 22nd August

ReplyDelete

I get huge no. of comments everyday and it is not possible for me to reply to each and every comment due to scarcity of time. I will try my best to reply at least a few comments everyday.

ShareThis